Subject: Making a bootable tape for a SPARCstation
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven.grunza@dgms.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/1999 11:06:45
I've looked through the FAQ's on www.netbsd.org but haven't been able to
find information on how to make a bootable tape.  Is it really as simple as
using dd to put a miniroot on the front of a tape and then telling the
SPARCstation to boot from tape or is there some more complicated magic to
it?  I'm going to be installing NetBSD-1.3.3 or NetBSD-1.4 to a completely
empty drive soon so if no one has any info on how to do this and I do
manage to figure it out, to where would I submit the procedure?

Please reply to me at steven_grunza@ieee.org since I joined the port-sparc
list today and haven't yet begun to actually receive the list.

Thanks.

Steven Grunza				Hardware Engineer
mailto:steven_grunza@ieee.org		DGM&S
voice: (609) 608 - 2759    		1025 Briggs Road
fax:   (609) 866 - 8850			Suite 100
flames: /dev/null				Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about with whom it makes
friends.