Subject: Re: how to turn off the keyboard abort on break?
To: John P. Refling <nbsdps@earth.lbl.gov>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/1999 20:47:21
On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, John P. Refling wrote:

> What if I want the break to be ignored?  Is there an
> option elsewhere for that?

Not at the moment. It's hard to think why you would want to do
this, since not beable able to abort the OS with a break removes
one of the big reasons for having a console in the first place,
IMHO. :-) But on the other hand, I've heard enough complaints about
this sort of thing to believe that, if someone made patches for
such an option and submitted them as a PR, they'd be accepted. I
really think you'd just want to be able to turn off the abort via
the tty driver, though, as disabling L1-A doesn't provide much
protection; if they've got access to a keyboard, they've got access
to the power as well.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.