Subject: Re: 1.4ALPHA feedback
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/1999 20:37:57
On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	Installed 1.4_ALPHA on an IPC and SS2 hwere, and noted a couple
> 	of points:

Great!

> 	xdm:
> 	    The X server needs -kb on the end of the Xservers line for
> 	    autorepeat to work. Presumably xinit needs a similar
> 	    workaround.

Ah, so this is where my key repeat went! Do you have any further
information on this? Like what the XKEYBOARD extension does, and
why key repeat is broken with it present? (I'm not terribly clueful
about X, sorry.)

> 	install-floppy:
> 	    Fails due to missing 'sleep', 'egrep' and others.
> 	    Is sysinst being considered for 1.4?

The egrep thing should be fixed soon. But as far as sysinst goes,
someone's going to have to take some ownership of it on the sparc
if it's ever going to go anywhere. Though I've hacked on it to make
it compile, I don't use sysinst at all myself.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org