Subject: Re: token-ring driver for sparc
To: michael benillouche <benillouche@hotmail.com>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/16/1999 16:15:37
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, michael benillouche wrote:
> I have currently several sparc stations (Sparc Classic 20) connected
> to an old-fashioned Token-Ring 16 Mb network (Mainframe Legacy).
> I would like to know if exist a NetBSD driver for 4/16 token Sbus
> cards .

Curious that you ask.

I'm working on the TMS380 driver for FreeBSD and have an SBUS token ring
card sitting in my test Sparc that I'll be attacking once I've got the
FreeBSD code working.

The SBUS token ring cards are fairly simple and use the TMS380 so it
should be a matter of adapting the front end of the FreeBSD driver to the
netbsd bus-arch stuff.

I'm not expecting to start working on the NetBSD stuff for another 6
months or so though.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |