Subject: Re: Netbooting an Ultra/1
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/08/1999 18:45:59
On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:
>
> > Don't know.  I don't have the equipment available to test out netbooting.
> > I just compiled a version of ofwboot with the NFS stuff turned on
> > thinking it might be useful to someone.
>
> Ok, I may have a look at that, then. I'm quite new to all of this
> stuff; can I compile the sparc64 bootblock on an SS20 running NetBSD
> 1.4 or thereabouts?

The bootblock is in FORTH so you'll need fgen from 1.4 or a recent
-current.  This is probably not the one you're thinking of.

ofwboot requires an ELF toolchain and an assembler that is capable of
handling sparcv9 instructions.  So the compilers from the ELF snapshots
will probably work, but I think you will need to build the sparc64 version
of gas at a minimum.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@one-o.com
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me