Subject: re: 1.4 release & Usenix
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/22/1999 19:42:30
> On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>
> > well- whenever you can..... If I had a spare Ultra1, I'd check it out
> > myself. But NASA/Ames has been a bit low on budget for equipment and I'm
> > not connected to Sun any more so can't really try it there.
>
> I'll see if I can scrounge up the hardware.  Ultra1's with ISPs aren't
> that easy to come by....

I've got spare ISP cards if you want me to loan you one. Or if you loan me
an Ultra1....(see below)

> > Of course, I'd really rather see NetBSD Sparc64 on an Ultra/PCI- that's a
> > much more interesting proposition indeed.
>
> PCI is a bit ugly since often two buses are on the same controller and
> share an IOMMU.  I have done some preliminary work on it, but easy access
> to H/W and this two-headed nature of the beastie makes it difficult.

Umm- I could probably also loan you access to either an Ultra30 or an
Ultra10 at my place if you want to ssh to do it. I'd have to do some
planning on it to interleave with other work. The Ultra10 is on loan from
Veritas and could go away.  I might end up buying an OEM board from Aspen
Systems- if I get more work out of Antares (I'm doing some Solaris NCR
53c895 LVD/Ultra2 work for them) I'll try and get *them* to pony up more
h/w...

Hey- can't you get Rajeev to drop you some h/w on this? Or are you making
sure that this has no overlap with with Sun life? Seems kinda silly if so.

-matt