Subject: re: 1.4 release & Usenix
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/22/1999 19:29:45
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> well- whenever you can..... If I had a spare Ultra1, I'd check it out
> myself. But NASA/Ames has been a bit low on budget for equipment and I'm
> not connected to Sun any more so can't really try it there.

I'll see if I can scrounge up the hardware.  Ultra1's with ISPs aren't
that easy to come by....

> Of course, I'd really rather see NetBSD Sparc64 on an Ultra/PCI- that's a
> much more interesting proposition indeed.

PCI is a bit ugly since often two buses are on the same controller and
share an IOMMU.  I have done some preliminary work on it, but easy access
to H/W and this two-headed nature of the beastie makes it difficult.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@one-o.com
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me