Subject: re: 1.4 release & Usenix
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/22/1999 18:24:30
>    > There is also a rather small list of `supported' devices: zs, esp, cgsix,
>    > mouse/kbd, le, audio, and of those le suffers from timeouts and audio
>    > sounds like it has a frog in its throat.
>    >

>    I never did get ahold of an SBus Ultra-1 that I could try the sparc64 port
>    on (I have an Ultra30- which is PCI/Psycho- but not an SBus ultra)- did
>    you ever manage to notice whether isp works okay in sparc64?
>

> i haven't tried my isp card in the ultra1.  perhaps sometime i'll
> plug my RAID into it but for now i need to keep that online for
> my work ;-)

well- whenever you can..... If I had a spare Ultra1, I'd check it out
myself. But NASA/Ames has been a bit low on budget for equipment and I'm
not connected to Sun any more so can't really try it there.

Of course, I'd really rather see NetBSD Sparc64 on an Ultra/PCI- that's a
much more interesting proposition indeed.

In general I try to make sure I don't break the SBus ISP and try and keep
it up to date with the rest of the ISP cardsets. I've integrated the
'correct' 1.31 F/W for the SBus cards, and even have the 7.55 SBus f/w
(which is just a tad too flakey to commit to yet for SBus- but it *does*
support the same target mode goop that the PCI 7.55 F/W does....). But I
don't really run this stuff (NetBSD/sparc) a lot, so I'm somewhat
dependent upon people telling me if it's gotten broken.

-matt