Subject: Re: Is Sun4 (VMEbus) support any better now? Mee Too?
To: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/1999 16:51:06
I don't suppose the sun4c would support booting from an EXB-8200?  I'd
much rather be able to boot and run from a tape than floopy.

...do we have recipes for a standalone cp?  I think that's what we'd
need, since historically on sun tapes we've had:

        0:      boot file, prompts for what to boot
        1:      Copyright/BOM/other garbage
        2:      Standalone cp for copying from tape:3 to disk:b or whatever
        3:      miniroot image
        4:      root filesystem

We can drop #1 unless we want to use it as a sanity check, and everything
after the root filesystem is arbitrary.

				--*greywolf;
--
Sun could have remained quite profitable by staying with BSD-based OSs, and
they wouldn't have pissed off NEARLY as many customers.