Subject: Re: Is Sun4 (VMEbus) support any better now? Mee Too?
To: Robert D. Keys <bsdbob@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/1999 12:13:20
On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Robert D. Keys wrote:

> So, the question arises..... is it possible to boot a netbsd onto this
> ancient sparc box FROM TAPE, that will fit on a pair of 60mb mfm drives?

Should be no problem, although your /usr is going to be extremely
tight.  Put root (30 MB) and swap (30 MB) on the first drive (/var
will be on your root partition),a nd make the entire second drive
/usr. base.tgz will install just fine, and I think you'll also be
able to fit comp.tgz. I wouldn't give much hope for putting manual
pages or other extra stuff on that disk, though.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org