Subject: re: 19990306 current kernel compile failed
To: None <fair@clock.org, mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/1999 11:14:56
>    The "ENTRY" thing also deals with profiling - I don't know that adding the
>    profiling prologue before an interrupt routine is a good idea or not; this
>    is something best looked after by someone who does know positively. I
>    merely report the error...
>

> ... if i'm profiling, i *espcially* want to know about
> interrupt routines...

These particular entry-points cannot be profiled because they are designed
to run entirely in the trap window. A call to `mcount' would ruin that.
That is why I used _ENTRY(), but I just forgot to apply it to a
`_C_LABEL()'ed identifier. I corrected it yesterday.

Anyway, with those changes in place, a kernel and boot programs will build
in both a.out and elf environments.

-pk