Subject: Re: Unusable disk
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/05/1999 09:09:24

Bruce Ediger wrote:
> My guess is "bad cabling".  Ensure that you've totally seated all connectors,
> that the SCSI bus has a terminator, that the cabling measures less than
> about 10 feet.  Try swapping out pieces of cable, if you've got spares.
> Feel suspicious about all ribbon cables - they go bad for no reason.
> Sometimes, the order of the devices on the SCSI bus makes a difference.

I've tried different terminators (active and passive), no terminator, a
different cable, but still no change.  There's only one cable - from the
IPC to the external box and one terminator on the external box.

Unfortunately, I don't have another box with the same connectors (SCSI II
style) to test.  I tried a box with 50D connectors and don't have any
problems there.

Oh well.

Thanks for the help,

          NetBSD - the most widely ported operating system available