Subject: Re: opt_compat_aout.h not found
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/12/1999 15:25:58
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Ruibiao Qiu wrote:

: >This means that some of the kernel sources expect a new option definition.
:
: So, do I need to change my config file using the new GENERIC as
: template?

No, you need to:

: >Any time you sup sources, you should re-run "config" to ensure that you get
: >all the proper option files.  Don't worry; it only touches those files that
: >are new or changed, so dependencies are OK.
:
: I sup sources everyday automatically at 7:00am CT by cron.  I
: should have all necessary files.  And, I build a new config before
: I run it.

That's not quite what I said.  Did you actually run "config KERNELNAME"
again?  That's the program that generates all the opt_*.h files.

If you run "config KERNELNAME" and you still don't get a opt_compat_aout.h,
your sources may have caught sup in the middle of changes; try re-supping.