Subject: Re: no video on a ss 1000?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/1999 09:23:46
>On Jan 27, Stephen B. Salai wrote
>> [...]
>> When I put in some memory, and connected a known good monitor to a known
>> good video card (cg6) and power it up, the drive spins up, and makes the
>> noises it should make while booting, the monitor switches from standby
>> to run, orange->green light, but no video appears.
>>
>> Any ideas at all?
>
>Any chance to connect a serial console ? A PC running NetBSD and a
>3 wire serial cable should be enouth.
>
>--
Just for your information, I figured this out. The prom was set to send
output to ttya (I think), without a monitor I couldn't tell for sure.
I rebooted while holding down <stop> and <n> and that reset the prom to
defaults, and the video came up.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614