Subject: Re: qec/be
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Kurt J. Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/27/1999 01:22:28
On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 02:08:50PM +1100, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> > Is there anyone out there who can point at actual documentation of
> > this hardware (on top of what's currently in the bereg.h header...)
>
> i'm 99% certain that be is 100Mb half duplex only.

[... tale of woe involving solaris deleted ...]

The Sun 'qec' card was their original Quad Ethernet card.
10Mbit only, half or full duplex for each port.
This card is no longer being made.

The Sun 'qfe' car is their Quad Fast Ethernet card.
10 or 100Mbit, half or full duplex for each port.
This card is still being made.  (Sun part number X1049A)

(Note - unlike all other sun cards that I've seen, these cards have
unique MAC addresses per port, normally, Sun ethernet cards just
use the on-board MAC address for all ethernet cards.)

-Kurt