Subject: dial-in/dial-out modem setup
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/1999 12:03:09
Before the smoke fully clears on greywolf's PPP problems, I'd like to set up
my work machine (SS20/71, NetBSD 1.3.3) as a PPP server with dial-in/dial-out
capability, if possible.

I'm used to the setup used by SunOS 4.1.4 where you can convert /dev/ttya to
/dev/ttyd0 for dial-in, and create /dev/cua0 for dial-out as 12, <minor+128>.
I get the impression that this sort of setup is not supported in our OS.
Or at least not in the same manner.  Oui?

Also, anyone that has this sort of a setup working for "pppd" that can give
me some default setup advice (I'm used to the DP package, which is somewhat
different) would be greatly appreciated.  The "pppd" man page is a bit
daunting (24 pages long!!!), to say the least.

Finally, I have a USR Courier 56 K modem for the work machine, so if there's
a way to use baud rates higher than 38,400 on the SS20, it would be great.
(I specifically upgraded to 1.3.3 in hopes that I'd be able to use 57,600 or
 maybe even 76,800)

Thanks in advance,

	- Greg