Subject: disklabel- solved
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@kyyhky.jmp.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/1999 21:38:26
Thanks to all who responded.

I found the solution just before I got the replies.. ;)  On Sparc, the
partitions must start at cylinder boundaries.  I _knew_ this, just had
forgotten about it during those i386 installs.

I really wish disklabel would care to give a warning in this case.  Now
all that I got was a cryptical and misleading message about a wrong
magical number and a suggestion that my kernel and disklabel command
were incompatible.

Well, back to work.  Been struggling with this machine for 12 houra now
(thanks again, quantum!).

  -jm

--

                I'm not lazy - I'm only selectively motivated

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---