Subject: Re: Can't boot diskless with current
To: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/1999 23:36:30
Hi,

> please check your src/usr.sbin/portmap/portmap.c. Revisions 1.14 and 1.15
> don't work on sparc (or any other non network byte order architecture).
> You need 1.16 or above.

Thanks for the hint, I'll do that. But it seems strange, because the kernel
gets downloaded to the diskless machine without problems. And, this all worked
before I upgraded my etc.

Strings tells me that my Portmap is rather ancient:
$NetBSD: portmap.c,v 1.12 1997/10/18 11:06:08 lukem Exp $

Network byte order should therefore not be a problem. I've upgraded to the
current portmap (and rebooted to restart all portmap-dependent services)
and the problem is still the same.

Regards, Paul.

Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
~