Subject: Can't boot diskless with current
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/1999 20:10:41
Hi everyone,

Is anyone able to shed some light on this one? It's got me stumped for
more than a week now.
I have an SLC that I run diskless of an IPX. I've recently upgraded it's
kernel to a current one, and that was no problem: but ever since upgrading
the /etc-directory, I can't boot it anymore: It always hangs at the point
where / needs to be remounted to be read-write.
NFS Portmap: RPC Port mapper failure: RPC Unable to send. (repeats forever)
At this stage the network-interface is not yet re-configured, but
still working fine: I can ping the machine when it is in this state.
Adding an early call to ifconfig hasn't solved the problem either.

Do other people have this same problem, or can you succesfully boot
a diskless sparc? Please let me know. Any hints very welcome.

Regards, happy hacking, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
"I got the feeling that the person that wrote it acutally liked Linux.
			But maybe I'm on drugs"
 Linus Torvalds, about a leaked M$ memo on plans to undermine Linux.
~