Subject: Old Sun 4-260 boot/install tapes (150mb)... how?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert D. Keys <bsdbob@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/14/1999 16:38:28
I have been given a Sun 4/260 Sparc (the old VME bus crate) with a 150mb
tape drive.  What is the proper way to make a boot/install tape(s) for
it, and how should it be booted properly?  I did not see any MakeBootTape
or such scripts in the Sparc trees and there were in the Sun3 tree, on
NetBSD-1.3.2.  I would expect it to be similar, but probably not exactly
the same.  Any pointers are appreciated.  I cannot depend upon netbooting
it on the home network, and would prefer a tape boot/install, if possible.

Thanks

Bob Keys