Subject: Re: pppd yet again.
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: UNIX hacker and security officer <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/13/1999 09:00:51
christos writes:
/*
 * It looks probably something that has to do with the zs driver... Sorry
 * I cannot be of more help, but can't you downgrade until I can take a
 * look at it?
 */

Yes, in fact, I have been running with "Old Reliable" since I discovered
the problem and been thinking, "boy, I'm sure glad I didn't delete /netbsd!"

For the newbies among you, this is a perfect Unidentified Flying Object Lesson.
[ALWAYS back up your kernel!]

To all who are replying, thanks.  To those who are having the same problem
and replying, thanks as well.  It's nice to know this isn't just another
case of me randomly going mad on a particularly bad Thursday in a pub
somewhere in Guildford.

[no, I'm a San Francisco Bay Area resident who just happens to be taken
 with the idea that languages are pretty cool things which are even cooler
 when one takes the time to use, correctly, the ones with which one is
 familiar.]

				--*greywolf;
--
After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door.