Subject: Re: pppd yet again.
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/1999 08:52:29
Ah, someone _is_ listening.  I don't know, and I don't have an i386
on which to test this, so it might be sparc-specific, for which I apologise.
Can anyone reproduce this problem?  I've sent diagnostic and extensive
debugging output and nobody seems able to help me.  This is with
current AND ALIGNED kernel and userland.  I have to keep running a slightly
older kernel in which, alas, I was Stoopid [TM] and didn't compile in
PPP compression!  And now, because of this annoying problem, _I CAN'T_
compile in ppp compression!

Pardon my whinging please, but this is starting to become a serious
handicap -- PPP is my _only_ network connection right now.

[mail bounces after a week, so I can't forge onward.  Nothing in the
kernel indicates that the other end is even acknowledging the data.
The problem is that this wasn't happening with a November 1998 kernel;
just December98/January99]

				--*greywolf;
--
USL, Microsoft, IBM:  The knights who say "NIH"!