Subject: Config without FFS leads to panic?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/04/1999 23:12:11
Hi everyone,

While trying to build an extra-small kernel for my diskless SLC, I
decided to remove the FFS option from the kernel config file. (It will
only use NFS anyway. Also removed SCSI and some other stuff.)
The resulting kernel boots, but when the system starts to do file-system
checks, I get a nice panic. Adding only the FFS option back in gives me
a working kernel again.
Is this know behaviour, or should I document some more so we can see what's
going wrong?

Sources are less than a week old.

Regards, Paul.

P.s. what would be the best way to set an SLC up as an Xterm? Server
will be an IPX.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
"I got the feeling that the person that wrote it acutally liked Linux.
			But maybe I'm on drugs"
 Linus Torvalds, about a leaked M$ memo on plans to undermine Linux.
~