Subject: Re: MAKEDEV is not portable
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/1999 11:13:01
	Which makes option 2 (dynamically generate an mfs /dev or devfs)
	more attractive. The code is already there - it just needs to be
	generalised. It also saves people who forget to populate /dev
	when installing, but that is a minor point :)

	The only concern would be providing a well documented procedure
	for converting a mfs /dev system into a 'standard' /dev system.

		David/absolute

	 -=-  "There will not be a send-off, a funeral or mass"  -=-