Subject: Re: MAKEDEV is not portable
To: Robert Evans <r.evans@ic.ac.uk>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/1999 00:01:53
This change was introduced over two years ago, though it didn't
make it out into the world until 1.3, due to the long release delay
between 1.2 and 1.3.

It appears that Charles Hannum suggested doing this; I've cc'd this
message to him to see if he has any comments on whether we should
maintain this or revert back to more portable code.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org