Subject: Re: ld segfaults when linking netbsd on sparc -current
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/30/1998 03:01:44
On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> I'm hosed. I updated my sparc classic build system to -current binaries on
> 23rd, and now ld segfaults while linking kernels.

I'm getting exactly the same problem on my IPX, if it's any comfort,
with sources of about the same date. I built and linked the exact
same sources with gcc (on a 1.3.2 system) a few days ago without
problems.

Gdb gives me even less joy:

    Couldn't read input and local registers from core file
    Couldn't read input and local registers from core file
    #0  0x100b8260 in ?? ()
    (gdb) bt
    #0  0x100b8260 in ?? ()
    Cannot access memory at address 0xeff72cbc.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org