Subject: "Bad format" after recompiling the kernel
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: port-sparc <nbsdps@earth.lbl.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/29/1998 19:21:25
------------------
"Bad format" after recompiling the kernel
I installed the latest 1.3.3 (though I had the same problem in 1.3.2) and
recompiled the kernel.  First I added "options NETATALK" and recompiled.
The new kernel worked fine.  Then I started taking out devices that were
not on my machine.  I got "Bad format" errors at boot time.  So I added
the devices back in.  Still the same "Bad format".  The I used the original
GENERIC_SCSI3 configuration.  Still got the "Bad format" error.  Removed
everything, and started over.  Still got the "Bad format" error.

I did the config n, cd ../compile/n, make depend, make, so I don't think
I left anything out.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks.