Subject: Re: le0: overflow
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/18/1998 14:39:28
[ On Fri, December 18, 1998 at 16:37:40 (+0100), Chris J. Mutter wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: le0: overflow
>
> i only use remote X11. no local clients cause the machine is simply too slow
> for running x11 apps local.

I run my window manager, xearth, swisswatch, xclock, some simple games
(such as spider), and sometimes some Xterms on the machine.  I don't
really find it too slow, especially not after having used a sun3/60 for
the same purpose for several years!  ;-)

> thats very strange .. perhaps the internal le is broken?? - this machine is
> quite old and was used heavily. (btw: cats rule ..)

I suppose that's possible.  I don't know much about the hardware revs
and any problems common to these pizza-box sparcs (except that they're
normally very reliable).

(the cats certainly get the attention they're seeking when they knock
out the tranciever! ;-)

> hehe.. yeah. I bet .. i have on my SLC 15000keys/sec which isnt that bad for
> the age of the box. .. in this SS1 is a bwthree. Perhaps I should try to boot
> up Xmono and look if it gets better.

What's a bwthree?  (My bwtwo is supposedly a model 501-1419)

I'm currently running XsunMono, BTW, with the following in my
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file:

    :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/XsunMono -swapLkeys -fp tcp/xfshost:7100

--
							Greg A. Woods