Subject: Re: le0: overflow
To: Chris J. Mutter <chris@terminal.sil.at>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1998 10:39:12
On 17-Dec-98 Chris J. Mutter spoke unto us all:
# > Mine gets blown away with those errors when I remote display a netscape
# > windo
#  w
# > to it with lots of graphics. (ss1).  I think the machine isjust too slow.
#
#  that was my first thought also .. but why does it get an overflow?? I mean
#  it
#  works slower so it receives slower .. the application is just slower..
#  right?
#  shouldnt result in an overflow.

The sparc is nice and slow, but the pentium sending it data is blasting it at
full bore.  Then you turn around and ask it to do something with that data,
(draw, compile, read files, whatever) and now you are eating even more CPU.
Something is bound to loose.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org