Subject: Re: Connecting a scanner...
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1998 11:13:19
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Dave McGuire wrote:

: >
: >But HP Scanjet Plus IS a SCSI scanner, even with a Centronics port.
: >Does anyone know the names of the devices in /dev that control the ports
: >on the rear of the SS1+ ?
: >(sorry for my bad english...)
:
:   There are no parallel ports on an SS1+.

In current lingo, `Centronics' does not necessarily imply `36-conductor
parallel interface'.  50-conductor connectors with the similar shape and
edge connector are oft called `Centronics SCSI' connectors.  (I still call
them `25-pair telco plugs' on a regular basis.)  Why that hasn't extended to
cover the 24-conductor {HPIB,IEEE}-488 connectors, I dunno.  ;)