Subject: Re: Connecting a scanner...
To: Riccardo Marcer <will@dei.unipd.it>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/15/1998 09:46:21
Riccardo Marcer wrote:
> I have a Sun SS1+ with NetBSD 1.3.2 and a Hp ScanJet Plus Scanner
> with a Centronics cable which connects them. I installed sane-0.72
> package, but I can't find what is the low level driver to put in
> 	/usr/X11R6/etc/sane.d/hp.conf
> Can anyone help me?

The SANE package doesn't currently support parallel port scanners - only
SCSI.  I gather there is some effort underway to support some HP parallel
port scanners under Linux/Intel.  It may be possible to write a driver
for the Sparc parallel port under NetBSD, although I think you would be
better off with a SCSI scanner.

"Railways have always been plagued by politicians, and it is not hard to
think that Robert Stephenson had the right idea when he drove his engine
over one of them at the opening of the Liverpool & Manchester Railway"