Subject: Re: disk formatting answers!
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/10/1998 18:09:31
>> The problem was that I needed to mount /dev/sd0k to get to the c
>> partition of sd1!  Or at least, that is working for me right now...
>> Is that standard practice?

No.  Your kernel and your /dev directory disagree over how many minors
each disk has.

I don't recognize your address; are you someone I sent my 16-partition
patches to?  This is exactly what I'd expect from using that stuff and
then dropping back to a stock kernel.  (But anyone daring enough to try
my 16-partition stuff is unlikely to have forgotten about it
sufficiently to ask what you asked, so I dunno.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca