Subject: Re: IPX machine
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jason <jason_smethers@bigfoot.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/09/1998 23:41:19
>> I'm not currently very familiar w/ sun machines but would appreciate
>> if anyone here could give me a clearer idea of the value of the
>> following machine:
>
>> IPX 80Mhz cpu
>> 64MB memory
>> 1GB Hawk SCSI drive
>> Color CG6 builtin
>> Ethernet with tranciever
>> Keyboard and Mouse
>> Ethernet cable
>
>(I assume all of the above works.)
>
>What it's worth on the open market I have no idea.  If I were
>negotiating personally to buy it, I'd start by offering $100 US.  (If
>you are trying to sell it, that might be an offer to buy - it depends
>on where you are and how much shipping would cost.)
>
> der Mouse

Well I found the guy in misc.forsale.computers.workstation and as luck would
have it he is only about 20 miles away from me so there will be no shipping.

He says it is in working order and has Solaris 2.6 installed if that makes
any differance. His offer was $450 w/ a 17" monitor which he is willing to
sell w/ out.

The real thing that is throwing me off is what the machine is w/ out the
monitor. All I realy have to base the price on is referbished IPX w/ half
the ram and disk of this one goes for about $115.

I guess what I'm realy looking for is the max one would consider spending on
such a machine.

Thanks
-Jason