Subject: RE: Ireland/UK
To: Edwards, Benjamin () <Benjamin.Edwards@DIGIFONE.COM>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/07/1998 14:25:19
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Edwards, Benjamin () wrote:

> > 	You can download the release from ftp.netbsd.org.. Also, check out
> >  	www.netbsd.org for more information.  There is a file called
> > "INSTALL" in the
> > 	release directories, that has alot of information that should
> > explain how you
> > 	can install NetBSD.
>
> 	Are you saying start install with floppy and get the rest off the
> net.  I cant do a netboot (i dont know anyone else with a spard) and I dont
> have a tape drive.

	Yes - you should be able to dowmload the images directly from
	ftp.netbsd.org, though you might find it better to copy them to
	a machine on the local network if possible.

	As for netbooting -, do you have any other unix machines nearby which
	you could use for a boot server (it does not need to be a sparc).

		David/absolute

             -=-  "Promise carved in stone, deeper than the sea"  -=-