Subject: /dev/bpp
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: NoRM <norm@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/07/1998 11:35:38
When, ah ah say when boy, is the Sparc port going to have support for my
damned parallel port?!?!

It annoys me at home, 'cause I have to route my print jobs via my NT box
(hack spit)  and at work it stops me installing it on our heavily-loaded but
under-resourced Solaris 2.5.1 print server because one of the printers is on
the parallel port.  This means I can't prove to my boss that NetBSD is a
viable alternative  (which is just a point of principle rather than a definite
need, but still).

What'd it take to get this done for 1.3.3?  A guinea pig?  I'll volunteer!
Cash?  Women?  Beer?  Drugs?  Hardware?  Pizza?

Norman R. McBride                               http://www.city.ac.uk/~norm/
Computing Services, City University, England          norm@city.ac.uk (MIME)

"...the extreme case best illustrates the norm..."              Stephen King