Subject: NetBSD/sparc 1.3.2 vs. pkgsrc/audio/nas
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/26/1998 15:02:58
Ever since upgrading to a Sparcsatation on my desk I've wanted to use
the audio stuff, but because my server is not audio capable I've got to
use something like NAS.  To date I've been using the colour NCD HMX
X-terminal beside me as an audio output device because I can't seem to
get NAS to work properly with the audio support in NetBSD/sparc.

I thought I'd try it again now that I'm running 1.3.2, but so far it's
no better.

The problems are that the output seems to be at such a high level that
it's totally distorted (but is still barely recognizable).  The tools
like aupanel have no influence on the output volume.

By default pkgsrc/audio/nas builds the "auvoxware" server.  I tried
compiling with the server definition set to "ausun" (after hacking
server/Imakefile and re-building), but it seems there are a lot of fixes
necessary to do that...  Man do I ever hate Imake -- what a waste of
time and energy.

--
							Greg A. Woods