Subject: Re: 2nd CPU in SS10 - the saga continues
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Scott Bethke <kbethke@ezy.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/1998 13:14:42
At 12:36 PM 11/25/98 , Hubert Feyrer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I got my second CPU for my SS10 today, and have trouble getting it to run.
>When I boot my machine with the old CPU (only), the banner says 1x390Z55
>detected. With (only) the new one, it says 1x390Z50. With both, it does

Your new CPU doesn't have any Cache..  the cache is needed if you choose to
use two CPU's, unless they are both non-cache SM40's in your SS10, though I
doubt sun supports that con fig..  it may work.  Get a couple faster CPU's
with cache, or get another SM41 and you should not have this problem.  also
what version of OpenBoot is your SS10 running?

-Scott

K. Scott Bethke - 410-742-1610  kbethke@ezy.net
GSTek Corp,  Proudly selling used ISP Gear.
(Sun Microsystems, Cisco Systems, and Others!!)
Check out: http://www.gstek.com