Subject: Router quandry
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/1998 13:41:11
I'm trying to build a router to connect between my cable modem and the rest
of the network at home.  I've got NetBSD 1.3.2 talking to the cable modem
fine, and I've had luck in the past with NAT and a ppp connection, but
there's a problem with the second ethernet connection.

I've acquired a PTI (Performance Technologies) ethernet/scsi sbus card that
NetBSD seems to sense ok, and recognize as PTI SBS 550.  I think is what is
reports. Trouble is, I can't get it to configure. I suspect it just isn't
supported.

I'm not able to write a driver, but I might be able to get some info on the
card since I have a contact at the company.

If this fails, does anyone know if either SunOS or Solaris has something
equivalent to NAT? Since the box is just going to be a gateway, I don't
much care what it runs, and I have a Solaris driver for the second ethernet
card.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614