Subject: 2nd CPU in SS10 - the saga continues
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/1998 18:36:28
Hi,

I got my second CPU for my SS10 today, and have trouble getting it to run.
When I boot my machine with the old CPU (only), the banner says 1x390Z55
detected. With (only) the new one, it says 1x390Z50. With both, it does

 - not do anything at all, if the new one is the upper of the two boards,
   and the old one is below
 - boot only with the Z50 if the new one is the lower of the two boards,
   and the new one is over it. Solaris 7's mpstat gave me only 1 CPU.

Here's what I can tell from the CPU boards:
the "old" one (seems to be a '41 modell):
	This has two big ICs mounted, one black labelled Super SPARC
	Cache Controller TMS390, and one gold labelled Super SPARC
	Microprocessor TMS390. Plus 4 small ICs with "CXK77910J-20
	249B54E^W" on them.
the "new" one (might be a '40 model?):
	This has onely one big black IC, labelled SuperSPARC
	Microprocessor TMS390, plus some capacitors. Two tiny ICs(?)
	labelled PE-53189 CHINA 9307-S.

Do I have to set any jumpers, or set something at the monitor prompt?
Any help appreciated! :>

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>