Subject: Re: BASH for NetBsd
To: IJsbrand Wijnands <ice@cisco.com>
From: Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/24/1998 17:40:24
On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, IJsbrand Wijnands wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if there is a BASH shell for netbsd, or
> a shell that uses the cursor keys for the command history?
>
> I like to be in sync with my Solaris and Linux :-)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ice.

Bash compiles on a lot of platforms, have you tried downloading it from
ftp.gnu.org and compiling it?

I don't like/use bash so i don't install it, I use zsh, and netbsd has a
package for it:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/....packages/All/zsh....

just download and type "pkg_add zsh...."

(.... signifies i'm too lazy to find the exact filename/URL so you find it
out :)  )

you might want to symlink /usr/pkg -> /usr/local like so:

cd /usr/
ln -s local pkg

good luck,
Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current