Subject: Linking to SunOS libs
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.dyn.ml.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/15/1998 18:38:31
I'm trying to get CLISP up and running on my IPX. The package in the current
pkgsrc doesn't build (it dies with the same error I get building it by hand,
and I'm not too knowledgable about fixing it), so I'm now trying to get the
precompiled binary for sparc-sunos working. For whatever reason they don't
distribute it fully linked (I think it has something to do with the GNU
readline library and maybe licensing issues). This means I need to link it
myself. I have SunOS libraries in /emul/sunos/usr and they work wonderfully
for SunOS compat. I was hoping I could just link the CLISP stuff to those,
but I can't for the life of me get it to work (if it's possible at all).
I tried setting the gcc options in the makefile to -nostdlib
-L/emul/sunos/usr/lib -L/emul/sunos/usr/5lib (and -lc just in case), but no dice. Here's what I got:
xiamin@ghostpriest ~/clisp-1998-09-09 % make
gcc -O -nostdlib -L/emul/sunos/usr/lib -L/emul/sunos/usr/5lib -lc \
base/lisp.a base/libintl.a base/libreadline.a base/libavcall.a \
base/libcallback.a -ltermcap -o base/lisp.run
ld: No reference to __DYNAMIC
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Anyone know anything about this?