Subject: PROM Pass: x0K%*~sappho#
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/05/1998 15:05:20
I went back to the guy that sold me the 4/110 and looked around his store,
we finally found the Tape drive / disk drive box that came with the 4/110.
When I connected it to the 4/110 and booted it up it started loading SunOs
4.1.1 and managed to get near finishing then said reboot failed with the
following warning:

WARNING: file systems have NOT been remounted read-write. Use fsck to fix
any file system problems, rebooting the system if any problems are found
with a mounted file system. After file systems have fsck'ed cleanly, you
can remount file systems and finish single-user setup using "/etc/rc.single"
#
-:/usr/spool/mqueue:bad directory
-:cdmq: not found
#

At this point I seem to be in user mode or at least somewhere near, I then
typed:

# cd /dev
# cat eeprom
----sd x0K%*~sappho#

Then I figured I would try:

# eeprom
# eeprom: diagnostic area checksum wrong

Looking at the above is there a password in "----sd x0K%*~sappho#" or would
the command eeprom have cleared it if it had not had the error?

Rick Copeland