Subject: Cant make it work :(
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Eirik Mikkelsen <eirikmik@orakel.ntnu.no>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/16/1998 07:36:07
I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.3.2 on a SPARCstation 1 via NFS from a
Linux box. The machine has 24 Mb of ram, and rom rev. 1.0 (if that
matters). I have no monitor, so I use a terminal.

The problem is the machine hangs after loading the secondary
bootloader:

ea00 >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.7
>> (pk@flambard, Mon May 11 09:43:48 MEST 1998)

...and then nothing. Cant return to openboot by sending break
either. Unfortunately my linux-box doesn't have SCSI-disks and my
SS1 has no floppy, so booting via net is the only option.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? What exactly does the secondary
bootloader do?

--
Eirik Mikkelsen - eirikmik@orakel.ntnu.no