Subject: Can't compile: please help?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/09/1998 18:48:18
Hi everyone,

For a few weeks already now, I've been having problems compiling.
These started when I wanted to build a new kernel, and did a "make
includes".
Almost every single program stop with a similar message to the one below.
I've repeatedly installed new includes (from includes.tar.gz and from
sys.tar.gz) without any luck. Does anyone know a fix?

NetBSD wit399401.student.utwente.nl 1.3.1 NetBSD 1.3.1 (GENERIC) #0:
Thu Mar 12 17:30:57 MET 1998
pk@flambard:/usr/src1/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC sparc

bash-2.00$ cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config/
bash-2.00$ make
cc -O  -Werror   -I/usr/src/usr.sbin/config -I. -c files.c
In file included from config.h:67,
                 from files.c:52:
/usr/include/unistd.h:252: syntax error before `ualarm'
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/include/unistd.h:252: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
/usr/include/unistd.h:252: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/usr/include/unistd.h:253: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
*** Error code 1

Happy hacking, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
    Black holes collect problems faster than they collect matter
                   (Carl Sagan, in Contact)
~