Subject: Re: bootable cdrom for sparc
To: Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
From: Gerryt <gerryt@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/07/1998 16:50:14
On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Nathan Dorfman wrote:

:=>Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 19:13:56 -0400
:=>From: Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
:=>To: port-sparc@netbsd.org
:=>Subject: bootable cdrom for sparc
:=>
:=>Hi,
:=>
:=>I need to create a bootable CD-ROM to install NetBSD 1.3.2. All I really
:=>need is the miniroot filesystem so I can then do the FTP install. The
If you have a floppy drive you may be able to use a boot floppy instead..
You should be able to get a disk image at:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/mrg/boot13G.fs.gz
You have to gunzip the image and then dd it to /dev/fd0a to make
the boot floppy.
It works with some massaging on my IPX but Im not sure about a SS10
By massaging I mean sysinst is 'incomplete' so you
configure/install everything from the shell prompt...
Sorry if this is no help. -g