Subject: Re: pv_unlink0 panics on 1.3.2
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/02/1998 11:26:11
Two things:

1. As I understand it, Netscape is distributing binaries for both
SunOS 4.1.3 and Solaris 2.x, so you can choose to use either
emulation on NetBSD/sparc to run netscape.

2. In my initial tests, the panic appeared to be also related to
kernel size; I got the panic right away (i.e. before /etc/rc
finished) when I used a totally stripped down kernel, but the
problem abated somewhat when I compiled up a DEBUG kernel (I could
run 24 hours or so before panic).

Now, it is important to note that Paul Kranenburg is pretty sure
he nailed the cause of my problem, and I have no reason to doubt
him - I haven't seen the panic in over a year. You may very well
be suffering a different cause for the same panic, in which case
my experiences will not be useful to you.

	Erik E. Fair	fair@clock.org