Subject: pv_unlink0 panics on 1.3.2
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/02/1998 10:56:55
We have a SS20 running NetBSD 1.3.2 with INRIA IPv6 code, but otherwise
unpatched that occasionally panics with "pv_unlink0".

This looks like the same problem reported in PR's 3575 and 3703 that
were reported on a NetBSD 1.2E.

As this still occurs on 1.3.2, I ask whether other people sees this
problem -- it typically occurs a few days after a reboot, and at some
activity on the machine (typically one or two compilation jobs simulata-
neous with interactive activity.

In particular I'd like to know whether Erik Fair (the originator of
the above mentioned PR's) has seen this problem on a 1.3 or newer
system.

If possible, I'd like to see a fix (and I can help by applying patches
on our system and perform some debugging) before 1.3.3 which seems to
be progressed according to the cvs commit mailing list.

As PR's 3575 and 3703 are closed, I should probably file a new PR, but
it would be nice to have a solution as part of the PR if possible.

According to the text in the closing remarks to the PR's, it seems that
some of the patches were not applied, but are they still valid as a
basis for experiments?

best regards
Erik Bertelsen