Subject: Re: offtopic: goal: to run netscape
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Gerryt <gerryt@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/1998 11:10:50
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Dave McGuire wrote:

::Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:54:37 -0400
::From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
::To: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
::Cc: port-sparc@netbsd.org
::
::On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, nm wrote:
::>I have an ss1+ running 1.3.2 and I really want to run netscape.
::>What is the best way to go?  the SunOS binary with compat_sunos?  or the
::>Solaris binary
::>with compat_svr4?
::
::  I use the SunOS binary every day...it works great for me.  The only weird
::thing that happens is that it crashes when I do anything that would open up a
::file dialog box...like click on something that would transfer a file.  Anybody
::know what's up with that?  This is netscape 4.0.5 for SunOS under NetBSD/sparc
::1.3.2.

I found a 4.5b2 release yesterday for SunOS that seems to work OK on my IPX.
File transfers work at least...