Subject: Re: java?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Butler <malb@bellman.apana.org.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/1998 18:59:14
jack@cs.hmc.edu (Jack Culpepper) writes:

> has anybody gotten a java compiler and virtual machine up on netbsd/sparc?
> care to comment on your setup?  i have gotten guavac to work for me, but
> kaffe causes the machine to hang (it's very strange, i'm not even sure how
> this is possible).

Yes, I compiled a snapshot of kaffe a few weeks ago which runs things
like HelloWorld, but there were some problems on some of the awt
things -- it created very large windows with tiny font sizes for the
text inside them. I haven't pursued it any further than this.

regards

--
Malcolm Butler               malb@bellman.apana.org.au
I'm an alien.  I've been kidnapped by earthlings.