Subject: Free VME scsi cards :)
To: (NetBSD/sparc Maillist) <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/1998 23:18:01
	I don't know if these cards will work in the atari or mvme vme
	busses, but just in case...

	I have recently picked up a sun3/260 with some spare cards, and
	among them I've found three sun 'sc' scsi cards. They are 6U cards
	in a 6U to 9U adaptor, and while probably the worst excuse for a
	SCSI controller ever to connect to a VME bus, they _can_ be used
	to talk to SCSI devices :)

	They are designed to fit in the 'passthrough' scsi slot in a
	sun vme backplane, though they also have a standard internal
	scsi connector on the 6U to 9U adaptor.

	der Mouse has a partially functional sc driver which he does not
	have time to complete. If anyone is interested in getting a
	card to work (most likely using that driver as a basis) and
	would like a free card with which to work, let me know (I'll
	even cover shipping :)

		David/absolute

	"Shall I be tempted by the devil thus?"
	"Yes, if the devil tempt you to do good..."